If you’re one of the people who doesn’t want to manually mix the ingredients, knead the dough, and then proof it, you’ll love a bread machine. This convenient tool makes it a lot easier for you to serve freshly baked bread on your dining table without exerting much effort.
A bread machine can help you make delicious bread by mixing the necessary ingredients, kneading the dough, and allowing the bread to rise before you bake it. This is helpful to those who can’t knead the dough by hand and to those who are running out of time to do so. With a bread machine, you can knead as many loaves of bread as you want without worrying about arthritis or the time you have to spend kneading and mixing over and over again. Another great thing about bread machines is the limitless tasks you can do with them. With the latest technology coming with them, you can make homemade macaroni and cheese, scalloped potatoes and even pizza in a bread machine! Imagine the possibilities!
Bread machines can be used to bake small meals like a crock of stew or a cheesecake as well. Yes, it can bake a cake. You can even make a jam with one. Plus, it will allow you to save electricity. There’s no need to use the large oven to bake small meals now.
There may be people telling you that you don’t need a bread machine. If you love baking bread and preparing small meals for your family, then that’s rubbish. A bread machine won’t heat up your kitchen and it doesn’t require a lot of cleaning. Even if you mixed meatballs and sausage in it, cleaning it would still be easy. If you’re wise, you’d definitely get one.
|MODEL||PRODUCT DIMENSIONS||CAPACITY||USER RATING||PRICE||OUR REVIEW|
|Zojirushi BB-CEC20 ||17 x 8.5 x 12.8 inches||2 lb.-loaf of bread||4.4/5||$$$$$|
Check Latest Price on Amazon
|Oster 2-Pound Expressbake ||13.8 x 13 x 14.1 inches||1 lb., 1.5 lb., and 2 lbs.||4.3/5||$|
Check Latest Price on Amazon
|Conair Cuisinart CBK-100||18 x 12.2 x 15 inches||1 lb., 1.5 lb., and 2 lbs.||4.2/5||$$|
Check Latest Price on Amazon
|Breville BBM800XL ||9.6 x 16.4 x 13.3 inches||1 lb., 1.5 lb., 2 lbs., and 2.5 lbs.||4.2/5||$$$$$|
Check Latest Price on Amazon
The Best Bread Machines by Price Range
We have measured, monitored and tested over 56 bread machines. With all this data we have compiled a list of the best bread machines for different price ranges, which you can find reviewed below. Of course, the more prominent the brand, and the better technology and options it comes with, the more expensive it usually is. However, if your budget is limitless, the monetary issue won’t be an issue at all. You’ll still be able to find a fantastic bread machine at an affordable price. If you’re looking for the best bread machine for the money, then you’re reading the right buying guide. We recommend that if you’re looking to buy a bread machine, that you read our bread machine reviews below.
Best Bread Machine Overall
If you’re looking for a quality bread machine, then this is it. This high-end dual-blade bread machine that makes 2-pound, rectangular-shaped loaves has 10 pre-programmed settings, 3 crust shades (light, medium, dark), an LCD control panel, a 13-hour delay timer, and a large viewing window. All these features and its consistency make it the best bread machine on the market.
It even comes with a measuring spoon, measuring cup, and a user manual that includes recipes. You won’t have trouble cleaning the pan as well because it’s a removable nonstick bread pan. The 10 programmed settings it comes with are:
basic, basic wheat, basic dough, quick, quick wheat, quick dough, jam, cake, sourdough starter, and home made.
With this bread machine, everything will be in your favor! Along with its timer that allows you to delay up to 13 hours, it’s now possible to be woken up by the sweet, fragrant aroma of freshly baked bread. Not to mention it turns off automatically when not in use for a certain period of time, which makes your kitchen safe from fire. Another great feature worth bringing up is its 10-minute power failure back-up. Should there be power interruptions, its exclusive homemade menu with 3 memory settings will come in handy.
With its manual, recipe booklet, and easy-to-follow instructions on DVD, you can start baking in no time.
However, it still has some disadvantages. One of those would be the fixed loaf size. Another would be the recipes that are not so special according to a number of customers. Also, this bread machine is quite expensive.
Low Price Range
This 60-dollar, 2-pound loaf bread maker by Oster is the best budget bread machine. With a control panel, an LCD display, 6-minute memory function, 60-minute automatic keep warm mode, and 4 crust color buttons, it’s more than you can bargain for.
The crust color buttons can be light, medium, dark, or rapid. This budget machine also features a delay timer for up to 13 hours, a glass viewing window, a removable bread pan, and 12 menu settings. In addition, it allows you to choose the loaf size you want. You can make a 1lb., 1.5 lb., or 2lb. bread. The machine also offers a 1-year limited warranty covering defects in material or workmanship. The package comes with recipes, a user guide, a measuring scoop, a measuring cup, and a kneading blade removal tool.
The menu settings consist of:
Basic, French, Whole Wheat, Sweet, Express Bake 1.5 lb., Express Bake 2 lbs., Quick, European, Dough, Bagel Dough, Jam, and Bake.
The Oster Expressbake also gives an audible signal during kneading cycle to remind you that it’s time to add raisins or nuts if the recipe requires. However, the signal can be loud so it’s not recommended to make recipes with fruits and nuts overnight especially if you don’t prefer waking up in the wee hours of the day.
Other disadvantages of having this are: it lacks a gluten-free bread cycle, it does not produce a traditional loaf because of the pan shape, and it prevents you to program your own custom knead, rise, and bake times.
Mid Price Range
For less than $100, you’ll get this easy-to-use, programmable, silver-finished bread maker. It makes horizontal 1lb., 1.5 lb., and 2lb. loaves in just two hours. The CBK-100 even has a 13-hour delay timer that allows you to prepare the ingredients before going to bed and wake up smelling the aroma of your freshly-baked bread. Just like most high-quality bread machines, this has a large viewing window, 3 crust settings, and 12 pre-programmed settings.
There are other products in the mid-price range telling you that they are the best. But with the features and specifications of the Cuisinart CBK-100, you’ll agree with me when I say it is the best. Aside from the features I already mentioned, this bread machine also has a gluten-free setting that produces a gluten-free bread that tastes better than the ones you can buy from the stores. In addition, this heavy-duty bread maker is equipped with a removable lid, pan, and kneading paddle for plain sailing cleanup.
The CBK-100 also comes with a manual, recipe book, removable bread pan, removable kneading blade, measuring spoon, and measuring cup.
However, you cannot customize the color and the loaf size in the gluten-free setting and the bread maker is heavy and large.
High Price Range
If you can spend $249 on a bread machine, then boy, I have good news for you! With its beautiful stainless steel design, this Breville product continues to wow customers with its features. One of the best features is its automatic fruit and nut dispenser. Ever struggled with time wondering when you should add the fruits and nuts? Well, struggle no more. This machine will automatically release your favorite add-ons at the perfect time. This is a beneficial feature especially when you tend to forget about your raisins and nuts.
Unlike other bread makers that make 1-2 pounds, this also makes a 2.5 lb. loaf. It bakes for three hours, has a 13-hour delay timer, a large viewing window, and has two types of kneading blades. One of the blades is collapsible. It mixes ingredients together then collapses before the baking phase. This bread maker has 13 pre-programmed settings namely: custom, basic, whole wheat, rapid, gluten-free, crusty loaf, sweet, yeast-free, dough, pizza, pasta, bake only, and jam. It also features a smart LCD screen that updates you once in a while.
However, the automatic dispenser is a bit small. The collapsible paddle is also difficult to clean. The dough can also get caught in the paddle.
Bread Machine Buying Guide
Bread machines are perfect for those who are having a hard time looking for gluten-free products. They are ideal for those who are tired of the available, regular bread you can acquire from the stores. They are also recommended to those who prefers a customized bread. Now, bread machines, just like other products, have various features, sizes, specifications, and appearances. A lot of them will try to claim and prove that they are the best among the rest, the number one, or the unbeatable bread maker. You’ve probably heard all the adjectives they can use to convince you. But let me give you a hand by giving you the factors you need to consider in buying a bread machine.
Tips on How to Choose the Best Bread Machine
Below are the other factors to consider when choosing the best Bread Machine for your needs.
1. Price and Brand
- Different brands offer a variety of prices.
- Identify your budget. If it’s unlimited, then you don’t have to worry.
- You have to consider the price if your budget is limited.
- Bread machines with more features and options are more expensive.
- Expensive bread machines can also look classier and aesthetic.
- You actually get what you’re paying for when you buy bread machines.
- They range from $60-$300 so there are a plethora of choices to suit your budget and kitchen needs.
- The best brands in the industry include Zojirushi, Panasonic, Conair, Breville, and Oster.
- If you want to avoid regretting because you settled on a cheap product, then I recommend you purchase from the top brands.
- Each brand uses different materials for their bread machines.
- Durable products tend to be more expensive than others in its price range. But it doesn’t mean you depend on the price.
- There are affordable bread machines that are tough, too.
- To be safe, read reviews about the product. Most customers mention the durability of their bread machines anyway so why not take advantage of that?
- Depending on the brand, a bread machine can have more features than the rest.
- One of the features you should check is the color.
- Some brands allow you to choose how light or dark you want your crust to be.
- Others will allow you to knead the dough without baking or bake without kneading.
- Several bread machines also allow you to control how long you want your bread to rise, knead, or bake.
- It’s better to choose a bread machine that has pre-programmed settings such as basic, french, whole wheat, sweet, and gluten-free.
- Top quality bread machines also allow you to program your own cycle if the machine’s pre-programmed machines aren’t enough to satisfy your bread needs.
4. Kneading paddles
- They come in various shapes.
- Some bread machines come with two—one for dough and one for pasta.
- Having two paddles is recommended in kneading the bread but if it has one, that’s already the standard.
- Removable paddles are recommended so check if you can remove the paddle after the kneading cycle. This will help you avoid baking bread with the paddle that will leave a hole at the bottom of your loaf.
- It’s better if your bread machine that has single kneading paddles also include a spare paddle.
- In some more advanced bread machines, a notification will appear when the paddles need to be removed.
- There are bread machines that can make up to 2.5 lbs. of bread loaf.
- If you’re the person who changes mind every now and then about the size of your loaf, then check the size that the bread machine can make.
- Usually, bread machines can produce loaves that have 1 lb., 1.5 lbs., and 2 lbs.
If you want to make more than bread, then other machines are capable of producing specialty food as well.
- Some bread machines allow you to make noodles, gluten-free bread, wheat bread, sourdough bread, bread with fruits and nuts, pizza dough, cake, and jam.
- A number of bread machines can even tell you when to add the fruits and nuts of your choice.
6. Delayed Timer
- This refers to the feature that allows you to choose the time you want your machine to start baking bread.
- This is beneficial especially if you want to be awakened up by the aroma of freshly baked bread.
- Most bread machines have a 13-hour delay timer.
- Noise is unavoidable when it comes to bread machines.
- But you have to bear in mind that the noise level depends on whether it’s cheap or expensive.
- Cheap bread machines are prone to produce more noise than high-quality ones.
- Aside from making a lot of noise, a cheap machine will most likely move around your kitchen counter as well; requiring some babysitting from you.
- Bread machines that are of high quality use more durable materials making them sturdier, preventing them from making a lot of noise and moving around.
- The only noise you should be looking for and happy to hear will be the alarm that will notify you when to add the fruits and nuts.
Bread machines, like any other machines, are meant to help make our lives easier. Aside from the convenience they bring, the features and options they come with allow us to make more than bread. They’re easy to use, control, and maintain. Bread machines won’t need to be cleaned so hard, too.
There are so many choices in the market right now and going through each one of them is impossible. There are just so many features and types that choosing one for your kitchen may become tiring and confusing than exciting. The first thing you have to consider, though, is the price you’re willing to pay. After that, go and follow the rest of the tips I mentioned above.
Adding a bread machine to your kitchen won’t do any harm. It’s like adding fruits and nuts to your bread—it makes everything more thrilling and interesting.
I hope I have made it easier for you to make up your mind. If you have read my recommendations and tips, then you’re good to go.