Concerned about what you eat? You don’t have to worry about these bread machine recipes. They’ll work in tandem with your diet!
Recipe #1: Whole Wheat Bread
This bread will be ready in 4 hours and 10 minutes. It’s so good it will make you feel healthy at the first bite.
· 1 1/2 cup & 2 tablespoons of water
· 1/3 cup of brown sugar
· 2 tablespoons of flax seed
· 2 tablespoons of oil
· 2 teaspoons of salt
· 2 teaspoons of yeast
· 3 tablespoons of milk
· 4 cups of whole wheat flour and 1/4 cup of wheat germ
Step 1. Follow the order suggested by the manufacturer as you place all the ingredients in the bread machine pan.
Step 2. Poke a small hole in the center of the ingredients using your finger or a spoon.
Step 3. Put the yeast in the hole.
Step 4. Select the Whole Wheat cycle and choose dark crust. Press the Start button.
Step 5. Remove the bread, slice, and enjoy!
Recipe #2: Garlic + Herb Pizza Crust
This recipe will yield four servings and will be ready in 2 hours and 5 minutes. Between you and me, this is THE BEST herb pizza crust out there.
· 1 1/2 teaspoon of rapid rise or bread machine yeast
· 1 1/2 teaspoons of molasses
· 1 cup of white flour
· 1 tablespoon of fresh, finely chopped basil (or 1 teaspoon dried)
· 1 tablespoon of fresh, finely chopped oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
· 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
· 1 teaspoon of salt
· 1/2 cup & 3 tablespoons of water (warm or room temperature)
· 3/4 cup & 2 tablespoons of whole-wheat flour
· 4 teaspoons of extra-virgin olive oil
Step 1. Put the water, olive oil, garlic, oregano, molasses, and basil in the bread machine according to the order suggested by the manufacturer.
Step 2. Add the white flour and the whole-wheat flour to the pan.
Step 3. Put the salt in one corner of the pan.
Step 4. Using your finger, poke a hole in the center of the flour to make way for the yeast.
Step 5. Choose the Dough cycle and press the Start button.
Step 6. When the cycle is finished, that’s after more or less 1 hour and 40 minutes, remove the dough then divide it into four equal pieces.
Step 7. Each piece should be pressed, extended, and formed into a circle that’s about seven inches wide. After which, put your pizza sauce on top as well as the toppings, then bake them in a 400-degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until the crust has turned golden brown.
Recipe #3: Panettone Bread
This recipe will yield 18 servings. It has the capacity to turn haters into bread lovers. Trust me.
· 1 1/2 cup of whole-wheat flour
· 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
· 1 3/4 cups of bread flour or white flour
· 2 large eggs, beaten
· 2 tablespoons of canola oil
· 2 tablespoons of honey or lite pancake syrup
· 2 teaspoons of rapid rise or bread machine yeast
· 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
· 2/3 cup of chopped dried mixed fruit or assorted glace holiday fruit
– Substitute: 1/3 cup of dried cranberries and currants plus 1/3 cup of coarsely chopped maraschino cherries
· 3/4 cup of low-fat milk, at room temperature
Step 1. Place all the ingredients EXCEPT the yeast in the bread machine’s pan according to the order suggested by the manufacturer.
Step 2. Create a well in the center of the ingredients using your finger and add the yeast into the well.
Step 3. Choose the Dough cycle and press the Start button.
Step 4. Add the mixed fruit on top of the dough ten minutes before the dough cycle ends. When the cycle is complete, check whether you have to knead in the fruit that hasn’t been included. This usually takes a minute.
Step 5. Form the dough into a circle that’s around 8 inches wide and 3 inches high. Then set it on a nonstick or foil-lined baking sheet.
Step 6. Cover the bread using a towel and wait for it to rise to double. While waiting, preheat your oven to 350°F.
Step 7. Once the size doubles, bake it for about 30 minutes or until it’s golden brown.
Step 8. ENJOY!
Recipe #4: Honey Oat Bread
This recipe yields 8 servings. What’s great about this is that it’s probably the only sweet recipe that won’t make you feel guilty!
· 1 cup of water
· 1 teaspoon of salt
· 1/2 cup of uncooked oatmeal
· 1/4 cup of honey
· 2 tablespoons of canola oil or vegetable oil
· 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
· 3 cups of white bread flour OR 2 cups of whole wheat flour + 1 tablespoon of vital wheat gluten
Step 1. Put all the ingredients in your bread machine pan. Be sure to follow the instructions of the manufacturer.
Step 2. Select the Basic/White cycle then press the Start button.
Step 3. Wait for the cycle to finish, remove the bread, slice it, and indulge!
Recipe #5: Twists of Cinnamon
If you’re just starting to eat healthily, this recipe is perfect for you! It’ll make you love the idea of healthy eating and appreciate your bread machine more. This recipe makes 14 twists.
Prepare the following for the bread:
· 1 1/2 tablespoons of canola oil
· 1 cup of white flour
· 1 cup of whole-wheat flour
· 1 teaspoon of rapid rise or bread machine yeast
· 2 tablespoons of egg substitute or beaten egg
· 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
· 3/4 cup of low-fat milk at room temperature
· 3/4 teaspoon of salt
Prep these for the filling:
· 1 1/2 tablespoons of whipped butter or less-fat margarine at room temperature
· 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
· 3 tablespoons of packed dark brown sugar
Step 1. Put the canola oil, milk, egg substitute, white flour, whole-wheat flour, salt, and sugar into the pan of your bread machine.
Step 2. Create a well in the center of the ingredients to make way for the yeast.
Step 3. Select the Dough cycle and press the Start button. The cycle will finish after more or less 1 hour and 40 minutes. While waiting, lightly dust a long sheet of waxed paper with flour and leave the sheet in a safe place.
Step 4. Remove the dough and lay it on the waxed paper you’ve prepared earlier. Turn the dough over and shape it into a rectangle that’s 10 inches wide and 14 inches long. Now, distribute the whipped butter or margarine on top of the rectangle.
Step 5. In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and the brown sugar. After blending them thoroughly, sprinkle the mixture evenly over the dough. Leave the dough for 8 minutes. It needs a break too, you know!
Step 6. Now, cut the dough into 14 strips that are an inch wide. Turn each strip into a twist by folding the bottom end of each strip so that it meets the top end, then twist the strip a few times.
Step 7. Grab a nonstick foil and coat it with canola cooking spray. Use the foil as a covering for a jellyroll pan.
Step 8. Set the twisted strips on the jellyroll pan and cover them with a towel. Leave them in a warm area so they can double their size. This might take 40 minutes. While waiting, preheat the oven to 350°F.
Step 9. Once the size of the strips has doubled, bake them for 15-18 minutes or until they’re golden brown.
Step 10. Wait for them to cool and yield to some cinnamon-twisted goodness!
Trying to live the healthy life? Here’s what you should know about the true color and appearance of a healthy loaf of bread.