Garlic bread is a popular appetizer consisting of bread, garlic, and butter or olive oil. At times, it even includes chives or other herbs. There are so many garlic bread recipes nowadays (totally confusing, by the way) but we’ll give you the easiest and the best of the best. Are you ready to step into the world of garlic bread? Here we go!
Preparation and Cooking Time : 3 hours
Servings : 15
- 3/8 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon of coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of bread machine yeast
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh chives (alternatives: parsley, basil, or oregano)
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of white sugar
- 4 cups of bread flour
- Optional: Bread dough enhancer
- Optional for a more garlic taste: 2-3 small garlic bulbs, roughly chopped
- Place all the ingredients in your bread machine pan. Make sure to follow the order recommended by the manufacturer. Usually, all wet ingredients go first, followed by the dry ingredients, then the yeast.
- Select the Basic Bread Setting or White Bread cycle. If your bread machine allows you to choose the color of the crust, then do so. Press the Start button.
- Wait for the cycle to finish, remove the bread, and let it cool.
- Cut into slices and get a thrill out of your homemade bread!
Note: If you aren’t going to consume it immediately, you can freeze the bread by wrapping it securely in foil and placing it in a resealable plastic bag. If you want to consume it, you just have to thaw the bread at room temperature.
Servings Per Recipe: 15
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 34
% Daily Value:
|Vitamin A – IU||42|
All Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Did you love the combination of garlic and herbs in this recipe? They were in partnership in the 2nd recipe of this blog post too!