Never underestimate the power of your bread machine! They don’t just produce typical bread; they can be used for the following as well:
Did you know you could make scrambled eggs for a crowd in your bread machine? Cool, isn’t? Here’s what you have to do:
- Whisk 12 eggs. Then add 1 ¼ cup of milk, ¼ cup of melted butter, 1 teaspoon of pepper, and of course, 1 teaspoon of salt. You may add finely chopped herbs as well if you wish.
- Grease the pan of your bread machine lightly using nonstick vegetable spray.
- Pour the eggs, select the Jam setting, and press the Start button.
- Wait for the machine to finish the process and voila! You’ve just made scrambled eggs for breakfast! And the best part is, all you had to do was put the ingredients.
Making Your Own Tomato Sauce
Producing homemade tomato sauce can be messy because the sauce can splatter. Aside from that, it’s taxing too! But with a bread machine, you can just put the ingredients and forget about it until you need it. Sounds promising, doesn’t it?
- You need to prepare the crushed tomatoes, minced garlic, olive oil, parsley, chopped yellow onions, salt, pepper, and red wine.
- Put them all in the pan of your bread machine. Please follow the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Select the Jam setting and press the Start button. You could also just allow the machine to run for an hour.
- Let the paddles mix the ingredients and you’re done!
Making Homemade Vegetable or Fruit Butters
Thanks to the steady, slow, and enclosed heat produced by a bread machine, you can now make your own butters at home! Follow these steps for an apple butter:
- Chop apples (don’t peel or remove the seeds and stems) and prepare cinnamon, sugar, apple cider, cloves, nutmeg, and water. Note that the ratio of each will depend on your personal preference.
- Put all the ingredients into the pan and cook for one hour on a low setting.
- Take out the mixture and run it through a food mill. This will smoothen the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into your bread machine pan again and allow it to cook for 90 minutes or until it’s thick like a butterscotch paste.
If you want to make a strawberry jam, follow the same process but change the ingredients into these:
- A small amount of balsamic vinegar
And also set it on Jam instead of low setting.
Baking a Cake
Yep, you can make a cake with your bread machine! Isn’t that exciting? Here’s the procedure:
- Prepare the ingredients: flour, egg, salt, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, softened butter or oil (follow your favorite recipe for the measurement of each ingredient).
- Pour all the ingredients in the pan of your bread machine.
- Set the crust setting to regular or medium. If your bread machine has a cake setting, then choose
hat. Press the Start button.
- Watch the cake as it bakes. This will make it easier for you to do something in case it doesn’t look good. Wait for the cake’s center to be moist and springy. That means the cake is done. Also, check the top part, it should have a nice crust.
Baking a Casserole
Using the oven means using more electricity because the appliance is bigger. So free your oven from simple dishes especially if you can make the dish using your bread machine!
- Take the paddles off from your bread machine.
- Grease the pan lightly using nonstick vegetable spray.
- Prepare the ingredients depending on what recipe you’re following. For instance, if you’re going to make baked ziti, you have to make your tomato sauce first. It’s a good thing you can make your own tomato sauce with a bread machine too!
- Place the sauce and the cooked pasta in the bread machine pan and sprinkle cheese or breadcrumbs on top.
- Set the machine to bake for 45 minutes then press the Start button.
- Transfer your baked ziti from the pan and enjoy!
If you’re thinking a bread machine is just limited to making bread, then we just proved you wrong! One thing that’s great about a bread machine is its versatility. You can cook delectable recipes like these in a single appliance without having to worry much about watching the food. Another is the fact that it can make you feel like you’re a professional chef in your own home! A bread machine is truly a wonder. So if you don’t have one yet, let me ask you a question: What are you waiting for?