High Price Range
For less than $250, you can get this brilliant bread maker that’s beautifully designed. It has a smart interface that computes temperature and baking time once you make a selection and a Turn and Confirm dial that gets you started on any recipe in a blink of an eye. Plus, it makes a 2.5-pound loaf, which is great for the whole family. It’s actually the best one you can encounter. It’s easy to use and it’s worth every dime.
I believe that’s enough introduction. Let’s move on to its specifications, features, pros, cons, and the customers’ reviews to keep your spirits up.
|Product Dimensions||9.6 x 16.4 x 13.3 inches|
|Capacity||1 lb., 1.5 lb., 2 lbs., and 2.5 lbs.|
|Item Weight||16.9 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||22.1 pounds|
|Item Model Number||BBM800XL|
|Customer Reviews (Amazon)||4.2 out of 5 stars|
This bread machine highlights an automatic fruit and nut dispenser. Unlike other machines that will just remind you when to put the add-ons, this will actually do it for you. It will release your add-ons at the perfect moment. If you’re the one who loves to add more flavor to your bread but always forgets to add the raisins, nuts, or shredded cheese, then this is the best bread maker for you. Aside from that, the Breville BBM800XL actually allows you to create your own recipes. That’s one feature others can’t match.
The 13 pre-programmed settings of this machine are:custom, basic, whole wheat, rapid, gluten-free, crusty loaf, sweet, yeast-free, dough, pizza, pasta, bake only, and jam. It also highlights a 13-hour delay timer, which allows you to prepare your ingredients earlier and let it do its baking in the middle of the night until it wakes you up with the aroma of your freshly-baked bread. In addition, it has two types of kneading blades (one is collapsible) and a large viewing window if you want to have a peep.The collapsible blade mixes ingredients together then collapses just before the baking phase to minimize the hole at the base of the baked loaf. This machine also allows you to choose from three crust colors: light, medium, and dark.
Why Should You Buy The Breville BBM800XL Custom Loaf Bread Maker?
If the loaf size matters to you, then this is a good choice. You can make a 1-pound and a 2.5-pound with this one. And other bread machines won’t offer you that. Plus, like Breville said, it’s the smartest bread machine ever. Unlike other bread machines that make you push buttons to choose your setting, this will allow you to rotate the main knob as it shows your selection on the screen. Aside from that, this also has a gluten-free setting which is perfect for those who can only eat gluten-free bread.
• Has 46 step by step recipes
• Makes a gluten-free bread
• Has a 13-hour delay timer
• Offers 4 loaf sizes
• Its LCD screen is the best.
• Large pan size is ideal for brownies and cornbreads
• Customizable; has preheat, knead 1, knead 2, rise 1, rise 2, punchdowns, rise 3, and bake
• Pan is coated with Teflon
• Has an automatic fruit and nut dispenser
• Has a one year warranty
• You can add nine customized recipes
• Has an optional keep-warm cycle
• Automatic dispenser is small
• The collapsible paddle is difficult to clean
What Are Customers Saying About It?
• Customers lauded how easy it was to use this machine.
• The bread maker is quiet.
• A customer happily remarked, “The selection wheel is very intuitive and easy to use, plus the baking options are well described on the large LCD display.”
• The book and the instructions are well done.
• They also praised its specific setting for gluten-free loaves which cut the time to create the bread down by about a half hour.
• Loaf sizes are consistent.
• “The large window on the top and the inside light made it easy to watch the kneading and rising processes, allowing me to tweak the flour and liquid amounts as needed,” one customer mentioned.
• Another satisfied customer said, “The loaves this machine produces are always aromatic wonders, and it is even very easy to clean.”
• The collapsible paddle takes a giant chunk out of most bread, especially yeast-free bread.
• It stopped working after 16 months; the electronic panel simply beeps and flashes when the machine is plugged.
• One customer suggested that the internal area should be aswipe and clean resistant as the pan.
• The collapsible paddle doesn’t always seem to collapse when its supposed to and it can leave an indentation in the bottom of the bread.
The only major weak spot the Breville BBM800XL has is its collapsible paddle. Other than that, everything about this bread machine is perfect. It really is one smart, beautifully designed bread machine. And with all its features, I’m sure you know that it deserves to be seen on your kitchen counter.