Who doesn’t love bread sticks? They’re the best companions of pasta and are delicious appetizers perfect for dinner parties and for all occasions! Bread sticks are easy to make and can be customized depending on your personal taste, which makes them way better. But if you’re doubting yourself because you’re still a beginner, I suggest you read this post first to help you maximize your bread machine.
Anyway, let’s face it, our hectic schedules don’t allow us to serve food that involves complicated processes nowadays. So if you need simple but delicious food to feed your visitors with, bread sticks are the best choice. Preparing everything will only require 15 minutes and the steps? Elementary, my dear Watson.
First, you’ll need to prepare the following:
- 1 1/3 cups of warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1/4 cup of sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup of white sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons of dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 3 tablespoons of softened butter
- 4 cups of bread flour
Let’s start cooking!
- Put all the ingredients you’ve prepared in your bread machine’s pan. Remember to follow the order recommended by the machine’s manufacturer. Generally, all wet ingredients go first, then the flour and other dry ingredients, with the yeast as the last one to be added. However, it would still be best to read the manual. So study and follow its instructions properly. Note: Remember not to let the yeast have direct contact with sugar, salt, and water as this will shoot its activity up.
- Choose the Dough Cycle from the machine’s menu settings and press the Start button. Now, spray cooking spray on two baking sheets and prepare another oiled surface and an oiled board.
- Now it’s time to preheat your oven to 190°C.
- Once the dough cycle is finished, remove the dough and place it on the surface you’ve oiled earlier. Then, divide the dough into 18 equal pieces. In order for them to look like bread sticks, you should roll each piece on an oiled board. Each bread stick should be placed on the baking sheets you’ve prepared. They should be at least one inch apart from one another on the pans.
- Bake them for 10 to 15 minutes or until they’ve become gorgeously golden.
- Remove the pans and cool them by placing them on a wire rack.
- Serve with or without dip!
- Bread sticks taste a lot better with dips such as taramasalata, guacamole, hummus, and marinara sauce.
- To keep the dough moist and to allow it to evenly cook, you can line your baking sheets with aluminum foil. It makes cleaning up easier too!
- If you’re looking to buy a bread machine we can highly recommend our guide.